Contactless Debit Card
BCT is transitioning to Contactless Debit Cards. When you receive your new BCT Debit Card, your purchases will be easier, faster, and safer because of new Contactless Debit Card technology.
In addition to making purchases with a swipe or online by entering your card's information, contactless technology enables you to make purchases without touching store terminals.
To make contactless, touch-free purchases:
- Look for the Contactless Symbol on the store's purchase terminal.
- Tap when prompted, near the Contactless Symbol . Depending on the terminal, you may tap on, above, or below the screen.
- Go when the terminal screen confirms payment.
Your new BCT Contactless Debit Card is provided upon normal expiration reissuance and when new accounts are opened.* The new Cards have a Contactless Symbol on the back. See example below.
*There is a $5 fee to replace lost or stolen cards.
Apple Pay® Is Touch-free and Easy!
Apple Pay enables you to make contactless and cashless payments as well as purchases in stores, online, and within other apps. You can send and receive money from friends and family in Apple's Messages.*
Apple Pay works with millions of vendors. Load your BCT Debit Card in Apple Pay to create your virtual wallet.
Convenience and security are the hallmarks of Apple Pay. Pay in stores using your iPhone® , iPad®, or Apple Watch®. You can also pay within other Apps and on the internet. And a really great feature is the ability to send, receive, and request money using Messages.*
When paying, look for these symbols:
Apple Pay Instructions
* Wireless connection required for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Usage fees may apply. Contact your wireless provider for details.
Popmoney® - Send Money with a Tap or Click!
Popmoney is an easy, fast and secure online personal payment service that lets you send, request and receive money directly from your BCT checking account. BCT provides the Popmoney service for FREE.*
- Send money to recipients' email or mobile numbers. They don't need an existing Popmoney account.
- Recipients are notified to deposit money from you. If recipients are new to Popmoney, we'll guide them through an easy registration process. If recipients have used Popmoney before, they probably don't need to do anything more to register.
- Done! Money goes directly to recipients' bank accounts. Money posts to their bank accounts in as little as 1 to 3 business days.
- Request money from a person or group. The person or group do not need to have an existing Popmoney account.
- Recipients receive a notification to pay the request. They can pay your request with just a few clicks. We'll send a reminder if they forget.
- Done! Money posts directly into your BCT account automatically. You'll receive a notification that your request has been paid.
WHAT IF RECIPIENT DOES NOT HAVE A BCT ACCOUNT?
- Recipients of your sent or requested money do not need a BCT account. They can create an account with Popmoney.com and register their bank information.
Get Started Today!
LOGIN to BCT's Online Banking or Mobile App. In Online Banking, select the Move Money menu at top and then click on Popmoney. In BCT's Mobile App, tap More at the bottom and then tap Popmoney. It's that easy.
* The BCT Mobile App requires wireless connectivity which may have usage fees. Check with your wireless carrier for details.
BCT Card Pay
Pay your bills more easily by using your BCT Debit Card in Online Banking
Now you get to choose how to pay your bills. That’s because BCT's BillPay now accepts debit card payments for most bills. It’s a new feature that puts you in control of the way you pay. And it’s all in one convenient place.
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to your payments dashboard in Online Banking's BillPay and click the ‘Pay by Card’ link under eligible billers
- Add your BCT Debit Card information as a funding account
- Enter login credentials for the biller’s website
- Click “Pay now” and you’re done
It’s that easy. Get started today! LOGIN to Online Banking and BillPay above.
55,000 Surcharge-Free ATMs
Make cash withdrawals using your BCT VISA® Debit Card at over 55,000 ATMs nationwide, and thousands more overseas, using the AllPoint® ATM network.
To find an ATM near you, visit our Locations page and select AllPoint ATMs.
24-Hour Telephone Banking
Enhanced features of BCT's 24-Hour Telephone Banking include speech recognition (including Spanish), scheduling of automatic transfers, making BCT loan payments, activating and deactivating your BCT Debit Card, and reviewing future-dated transactions. The menu has been updated so listen carefully.
PHONE MUST BE REGISTERED
Access to the enhanced 24-Hour Telephone Banking system requires registered phone numbers. If you need to update your phone numbers, contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-296-8431.
Reference Guide & Quick Tips