Samsung Pay usually comes preloaded on compatible phones, but you can always reinstall it, if needed.
Once it's installed, open Samsung Pay, and then tap Get started. Enter a new PIN for Samsung Pay, and then enter it again to confirm.
If it's your first time using Samsung Pay, you may be asked to add payment cards.
Set up Samsung Pay on your watch
In order to use Samsung Pay on your smart watch, you’ll need to install a special plug-in through the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Once you do this, you can start adding cards and making purchases from your wrist!
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone, and select your desired watch.
- From the Home tab, tap Samsung Pay in the middle of the screen; a plug-in for the watch will begin downloading. You can check the download's progress from your phone's Notification panel. An orange dot will also appear on your connected watch.
- When it’s finished, you will be asked to grant certain permissions.
- Tap Next, and, if prompted, apply any additional updates.
- Tap Start, and then enter your Samsung account information.
- From here, you can add or import cards to your connected smart watch! Tap Add card to start registering cards now, or tap Later to do it another time.
- If you decide to add cards now, you will need to set up a PIN on your watch. In the Galaxy Wearable app, tap Set PIN, and then enter a PIN on your watch. Enter it again to confirm, and then tap Next on your phone. You can begin adding cards now. Note: You can skip this step if you plan to add your cards later on.
- To access Samsung Pay on the watch itself, press and hold the Back (top) button for 1–2 seconds.
- When Samsung Pay opens, swipe to the left to view the basic instructions. Then, tap the arrow to finish setting up the feature.
- Tap Add card. If this doesn’t appear, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap + Add card.
- If you haven't already set up a PIN for Samsung Pay on your watch, tap TURN ON, and follow the on-screen prompts. Note: You can skip this step if you made the PIN while performing Step 7.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register your debit or credit cards to Samsung Pay.
- Whenever you want to access Samsung Pay on your watch, just hold down the Back key on your watch. Your registered card(s) will appear, and you can use them to make purchases.
Add your BCT Debit Card
Samsung has you covered, because Samsung Pay has partnered with BCT and other top U.S. banks and credit card companies, like American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. Plus, they're always expanding our list of financial partners.
- Navigate to and open Samsung Pay on your phone.
- Tap Menu (the three horizontal lines) in the top left corner, and then tap Cards.
- Next, tap Add card; it looks like a credit card with a plus sign next to it. Next, tap Add credit/debit card.
- Follow the instructions to register your card. When you add a card, you must agree to the card's terms and conditions.
- If you have any questions about the terms, contact the card issuer.
Note: You can add and manage up to 10 payment cards, including credit cards and debit cards. You can also add unlimited gift cards to your account.
Look for the following symbols when shopping: