“Our Loudoun team is excited to have Susan join the Advisory Board,” stated Alice Frazier, BCT President and CEO. “Susan’s strong connection to the government sector will bring new opportunities for our growing government contracting business line.”
Ms. Mitchell is the co-founder of Guardians of Honor (GOH), a consulting firm with over 20 years of success delivering grants management, research and evaluation, logistics, and technical assistance solutions to government, industry, and community organizations including AmeriCorps, Army-Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program, Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, and the United States Treasury Department. Prior to GOH, Ms. Mitchell worked in the Office of General Counsel for various public and private organizations including the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Federal Elections Commission, the United States Postal Service, Unisys Corporation, and Rolls-Royce North America.
In addition to her other responsibilities, Ms. Mitchell serves on the Board of Directors for Virginia Career Works and STEM for Her. She is also Vice Chair of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce GovCon Committee and a member of the Cybersecurity CoE Advisory Board for Northampton Community College.
Susan earned a Master’s Degree in Executive Leadership from Liberty University, a Graduate Certificate from Hampton University, and a B.S. in Mass Communications from Norfolk State University.
For over 20 years Ms. Mitchell has called Loudoun County home. When Susan is not hard at work, you can find her enjoying Catoctin Mountain views, engaging in activities that support a healthy and thriving community, and gaining new perspectives from the pages of a best-selling book.
Advisory Board members serving Loudoun County, Virginia are:
- Kristina Bouweiri (Chair), President & CEO of Reston Limousine
- Paige Buscema, President of Eyetopia, Inc.
- Bob Caines, Principal of The Bob Caines Team, Re/Max Select Properties, Inc.
- Matthew Lowers, President of Wholesale Screening Solutions (WSS)
- Jeff Mitchell, Founding Partner of Mitchell & Company, P.C.
- Susan Mitchell, President & CEO of Guardians of Honor, LLC (GOH)
- Bernard Mustafa, Senior Vice President and General Manager of XTIVIA Technologies
- Dr. Deep Sran, Esq., Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Learning, Loudoun School for Advanced Learning
- Tony Stafford, Owner of Ford’s Fish Shack
- Sonny Swann, Owner and Vice President of Climatic Heating and Cooling, Inc.
- Katie Wilson, President and Chief Marketect of The Market Group, Inc.
The Advisory Board meets regularly with BCT management. In addition, they will represent BCT at business and community functions, serving as BCT’s champions.