Robert “Bob” F. Baronner, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
Mr. Baronner served as President & CEO and was a member of the Board of Directors of Bank of Charles Town and Potomac Bancshares, Inc.,from January 2001 until his passing in January 2017. He believed in serving his community and he received numerous awards for his service. He was a fun-loving spirit who believed in never taking life too seriously. He wanted nothing more than to make people laugh.
||Bank of Charles Town (BCT)
- Awarded to a senior who is graduating from a Jefferson or Berkeley County High School, WV and will be attending a postsecondary accredited institution.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
||$2500. Renewable annually (up to three additional years) with a transcript and approval of the BCT Scholarship Committee. Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA while in school.
||Postmarked by April 1.
- Submit a letter explaining why you believe you deserve this scholarship.
- Your high school transcript.
- Copy of attendance and discipline record.
- Scholarship Application Form
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter of recommendation must come from a high school Professional (teacher, guidance counselor, administrator)
- One letter of recommendation must be from a member of the community.
- Acceptance letter from a post-secondary institution and provide documentation by the deadline.
- Documentation must be provided by the deadline.
Mail application to:
Bank of Charles Town
Attention: Robert F. Baronner, Jr. Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 906
111 E. Washington Street
Charles Town, WV 25414
||Selection will be made by the BCT Scholarship Committee.