Proactively initiates, develops, and manages long-term, profitable banking relationships. Position encompasses overseeing the daily operations of a branch that has less than $50 million in assets. Position requires supervision of at least one (1) staff member and indirectly the supporting staff of the branch location.
Reports to: Sr VP/Market Leader II
FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
• Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
• Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
• Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
• Identify and cross-sell retail products suitable to the customer’s needs.
• Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
• Manages existing client relationships to identify future needs and consultatively addresses them.
• Profiles prospects and clients to identify additional financial needs and refers to appropriate financial partners.
• Delivers superior quality service in person or by phone such that client needs are met on a consistent, positive basis.
• Monitors and reviews financial institution's security procedures and control access to vaults.
• Issues written and oral instructions.
• Ensures that the office is following all federal and state regulatory procedures.
• Participates in community activities in the vicinity of the branch location to enhance public awareness of the bank and to leave a positive impression of the bank.
• Participates in the development of office performance standards in areas such as operating loss control, teller levels of experience, bank secrecy and compliance with corporation policies and procedures.
• Oversees Assistant Branch Manager to assure effective utilization of personnel, timely and objective performance evaluations, equitable salary structure and identifiable career paths for qualified and interested candidates.
• Monitors the knowledge and skill levels of office personnel to identify development and training needs.
• Meets regularly with staff to communicate objectives and goals, office operating status and employee input to improve office performance so that high quality information flows in both directions.
• Plans for repairs and maintenance of office equipment as necessary.
• Serves as contact for client problem resolution and performs maintenance for current clients as dictated by the needs of the office.
• Assist with the lending process, to include taking retail loan applications.
• Serves as primary contact for new account openings and cross sale of other products/services to clients and prospects.
• Proactively and reactively contact clients and prospects daily by phone or in person to identify additional client financial needs and strengthen client relationships.
• Calls on current customers to strengthen existing relationships and to introduce them to additional BCT products/services.
• Maintains a Monthly Sales Plan to include outside calls (including “cold calling”) on prospects/customers.
• Logs calls/referrals/prospects into the Bank CRM software. Maintains and follows up on referrals/prospects.
• Accompanies Business Development Officers (Cash Management Officer, Commercial/Mortgage Lenders on calls with current/prospect customers to enhance BCT relationships.
• Supports team sales process by acting upon or referring identified client needs to other lines of business, including but not limited to, retail loan, mortgage, investments, private banking, insurance, small business, merchant services, and other areas and attains individual, department and Bank goals through participation in sales management and office calling program.
• Participates in team sales efforts such sales meetings, business networking, etc.
• Employs BCT’s supported sales techniques and processes whenever possible to better serve the client and Bank.
• Networks with non-profit organizations to enhance BCT visibility as a community focused bank.
• Answer customer inquiries on Retail, Home Equity and Small Business Loans
• Assist with the lending process to include taking Retail, Home Equity and Small Business loan applications.
• Obtain necessary verification documents or other information needed to process and complete loan files.
• Assist with the lending approval process and closing of loans.
• Examine documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Assist and screen customer problems and direct them accordingly.
• Assist with monthly CIP reports and make CIF corrections as required per monthly review.
• Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured each day.
• Oversees Assistant Branch Manager to assure that dual control is maintained over daily opening of the night depository and processing of contents therein.
• Oversees Assistant Branch Manager to assure performance of regular unannounced audits of all vault and teller cash, maintaining a written and signed record of each audit.
• Oversees combination control, security reviews, and compliance.
• Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
• Exhibits professional appearance that evokes the client’s trust.
• Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties not mentioned above may be assigned.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Position demands a person who commits to BCT’s core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment and Community Focus
• Self-Development: pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills.
• Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
• Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year college degree, or 1-3 banking industry experience, required; supervisory skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• This position requires effective supervisory skills and the ability to meet and deal with the public in sales and problem-solving situations.
• Must possess a knowledgeable background of the bank’s operational procedures and policies regarding lending and deposit functions.
• Position demands a person with a pleasant personality with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
• Must have advanced skills in operating a computer, adding machine and typewriter.
• Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure/training manuals.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including coin sorter, coin wrapper, currency counter and teller machine.
• Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
• Ability to answer telephones and greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties/responsibilities that are required of position. Duties/responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
BCT supports a workforce of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.