Performs a variety of duties to support the operations of the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
• Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
• Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
• Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
• Identify and cross-sell retail products suitable to the customer’s needs.
• Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
• Provide customer support for electronic banking products and services, including Online Banking, Bill Payment, Mobile Banking, Messenger, Online Account Opening, and both Debit and Credit card inquiries.
• Resolve customer inquiries and issues promptly regarding new accounts, existing accounts, loans, payments, automatic transfers, interest rates and investment certificates in a professional manner.
• Verify and maintain IRA documentation. Assist with RMD and other required IRA reporting.
• Index customer and account documentation to bank database.
• Complete daily review for OFAC certified names and address matches.
• Verify holds placed in accordance with Reg CC.
• Verify proper documentation and time frames for stop payments. Aid in proper completion of stop payments if necessary.
• Conduct daily reviews of file maintenance on employee and insider accounts.
• Review posted transactions through BSA Yellow Hammer Fraud Detective for proper endorsement and related account history.
• Research ACH, Wire, Check and Debit Card disputes, errors, and customer problems proficiently.
• Assist customers with all products and services that touch an account.
• Complete daily rotation work that will be shared with fellow employees: Sweeps, GL Balancing, EIP, Foreign items, ATM Reconcilement, Suspense Balancing, ICS Balancing, Levies/Garnishments, SSI/Medicaid Verifications, daily ACH items and other duties that may be assigned.
• Assist in capture of balanced work and preparation of outgoing cash letters.
• Balances outgoing and incoming returns.
• Creates general ledger tickets as required to reflect fee reversals and correction tickets.
• Operation of FedLine for funds transfer, currency orders, ACH, ACH returns, check returns, large dollar notifications, direct deposit set-up, savings bonds, electronic federal tax payments.
• Performs routine clerical duties as directed.
• Assists with statements and other various duties as needed.
• Assists with mailroom duties.
• Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured.
• Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
• Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
• Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Self Development: pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills. The capacity to cross train in other areas is particularly helpful.
• Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
• Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Position demands a person with a pleasant personality on the phone and in person with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
• Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
• Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine and typewriter.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment and teller machine.
• Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good understanding of IRAs.
• Strong Knowledge base for ACH, Debit Cards, Wires and Checks: processes and regulations
• Ability to work with Digital products and services
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.