ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to interact (in person, phone, and electronic communication) with meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
• Knows the bank’s products and services thoroughly and seeks out opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products/services.
• Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent client service.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
Administrative and Financial Functions (as applicable to both bank and holding company)
• Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Board of Directors, Federal Reserve, State of West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and shareholders.
• Assists with statistical analysis and other special projects.
• Maintain all aspects of security portfolio including purchases, calls, sales and pledging.
• Maintain institution wide GL reconciliation project monthly.
• Prepares general ledger entries.
• Prepares monthly accrual entries for various general ledger accounts.
• Prepares other required reports and returns including personal property assessments as required.
• Assists in forecast preparation as required. Performs data analysis, forecasting, and reporting for the bank.
• Assists with general accounting, financial plans, and policies as required.
• Assures that all accounts are reconciled as needed and that all required financial record keeping, documentation and reporting is completed.
• Assures general ledger is in balance, that all entries have been posted including accruals of income and expense, and that corrections are made, as necessary.
• Assists with accounting procedures and processes for the bank including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, investments, fixed assets, asset/liability management reporting.
• Assists in various audits and annual audits.
• Manages and directs the maintenance of fixed assets accounting using the Sage Software system.
• Other administrative and finance area functions and special projects as assigned.
• Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records (physical and digital) are properly secured at all times.
• Understands role in case of disaster or robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
• Professional appearance that evokes client’s trust.
• Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
• Self Development: pursues additional education or training to maintain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills.
• Client confidentiality: never reveals or divulge client information to anyone outside of the bank.
• Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree in Accounting/Finance/Bus. Adm. and at least 3-5 years of accounting/finance/banking experience. Final pay grade will be determined by qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Position requires a person with a pleasant and professional personality who works with a high degree of accuracy, pays attention to detail, has the ability to solve problems, has good organizational skills, takes initiative or seeks out responsibilities and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
• Works efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
• Understands and carries out oral or written instructions requesting clarification when needed.
• Basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine, typewriter, and other standard office equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as reporting instructions, contracts, policy and procedure manuals, safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
• Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and to write legibly.
• Ability to answer telephones and greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to apply common sense in understanding and carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and may frequently have to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties/responsibilities that are required of position. Duties/responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
BCT supports a workforce of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.