Responsible for a broad range of teller transaction processing, referring bank products and services while providing friendly customer service and playing a vital role in delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• Ability to interact with the public and deal effectively with their questions or problems.
• Familiar with the Bank’s products and services.
• Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, and refer products or services.
• Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
• Identifies and refers retail products suitable to the customer’s needs.
• Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the best course of action to be taken to remedy the situation.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees and officials in other departments
Universal Banker I Functions
• Receives and handles deposits of all types, ensuring the proper endorsement on negotiable instruments within these deposits.
• Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances. Adheres at all times to policies and regulations set forth in the Teller Operational Policy & Procedures Manual.
• Processes any or all of the following: Checks, deposits, loan payments, night drop bags, mail deposits, and savings bonds. Provides access to safety deposit boxes.
• Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts. Accurately balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
• Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller system and night drop bags.
• Assist with daily ATM balancing duties.
• Demonstrates responsibility and judgment according to check cashing procedures.
• Order client checks through Harland Clarke
• Issuance of cashier’s checks and money orders.
• Completes Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and obtains independent verification of report
• May override excessive drawer cash in Vertex up to approved designated limit.
• Open and maintenance all consumer types of checking and savings accounts.
• Complete domestic wires forms accurately.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains proper amount of currency and coin in drawer-per BCT approved teller currency limits.
• Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured.
• Understands role in the event of a robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
• Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
• Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Self-Development: Pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills. The ability to be cross trained in other areas.
• Customer Confidentiality: Never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
• Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-2 years of prior customer service experience; position demands a person with an outgoing, service-oriented personality. It also requires general knowledge of bank operations, excellent communication and customer service skills and basic to advanced computer skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Position demands a person with a pleasant personality with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
• Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
• Must have basic skills in operating a computer, printer, and copy machine.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including coin sorter and currency counter.
• Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
• Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties/responsibilities that are required of position. Duties/responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
BCT supports a workforce of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility