ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete QC reviews, booking, and post-closing tasks within the established time frames.
• Meet BCT referral goals
• Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
• Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly, and looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
• Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
• Process funding transactions for closed loans.
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of information needed for booking all types of Commercial and Mortgage loan transactions to the appropriate Loan Servicing personnel.
• Assemble and maintain Commercial and Mortgage collateral files.
• Take steps necessary to perfect various types of collateral securing commercial loans.
• Identify, track and report items missing from collateral files until complete.
• Prepare and update reports as needed.
• Assists the Commercial Loan Documentation Supervisor by making recommendations for process changes or enhancements to create efficiencies.
• Responsible for providing high quality work and maintaining high quality relations with internal and external customers.
• Perform Quality Control review to ensure collateral due diligence, and other supporting documentation is satisfactory, corresponds with loan approval, supports collateral position, and that proper loan authority approval was obtained.
• Perform Quality Control Review to ensure compliance with HMDA, Flood, and other regulatory requirements.
• Verify adequate insurance coverage on various collateral types has been obtained for commercial loans.
• Enter all HMDA data
• Quarterly HMDA review
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiable and confidential records are properly secured each day.
• Understands role in case of disaster or robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
• Must maintain a professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
• Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
• Self-Development: pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills. The capacity to cross train in other areas is particularly helpful.
• Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
• Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
• Ability to relate, get along and work well with others in a team environment.
• Ability to adhere to BCT’s core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
• Communication: Exceptional ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written formats
• Analytical: Ability to apply analytical skills for the purpose of writing loans in accordance with all BCT loan policy standards and regulatory requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with at least 1 year of banking experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Position demands a person with a pleasant and professional personality, high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, good organization skills, and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral or written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Must have proficient skills in operating a computer.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as loan documents, appraisals, organizational documents, contracts and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
• Ability to answer telephones and greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
BCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
BCT supports a workforce of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility