The members provide strategic advice to BCT regarding local markets, with an emphasis on the Eastern Panhandle region of West Virginia.
“We are pleased to welcome Sandy to our Eastern Panhandle Advisory Board,” stated Alice Frazier, BCT President and CEO. “She is well known to BCT and local business leaders for her tireless efforts to expand new and existing businesses in Berkeley County. Her experience with the Development Authority will provide BCT opportunities to form new relationships that will expand our market share in Berkeley County and beyond.”
Hamilton recently retired from the office of Executive Director for the Berkeley County Development Authority (West Virginia) where she served over nine years attracting new businesses to the county as well as assisting existing businesses with growth and retention. Prior to that, Hamilton served as Manager for Workforce West Virginia, assisting businesses across the state acquire and retain employees.
The Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce selected Hamilton as the 2022 Citizen of the Year. Previous honors include the 2020 Woman of Distinction by the Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital and a 2020 Sharp Shooter by the West Virginia Executive Magazine.
Community service continues to be important to Hamilton. She currently serves on the following Boards of Directors: West Virginia Workforce Development, West Virginia School Building Authority, Blue Ridge Community and Technical College Foundation, Horizon Goodwill Industries, Eastern Panhandle Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Horses with Hearts, and Region 9. Hamilton also serves as a member of Martinsburg Rotary and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Committee.
Hamilton earned a Regents Bachelor of Arts degree from Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, West Virginia and is an alumnus of Musselman High School.
A life-long resident of Berkeley County, West Virginia, Hamilton enjoys traveling, reading, and is an avid sports enthusiast.
Advisory Board members serving the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia are:
- C.W. “Chip” Hensell, III (Chair), President of Hensell Realty
- Mark Burkhart, Owner of Mountainview Farm
- Alison A. Cox, Special Counsel of Bowles Rice, LLP
- Darin L. Gilpin, DVM, Owner/Veterinarian of Shenandoah Veterinary Hospital
- Sandy Hamilton, (Retired) Executive Directory, Berkeley County Development Authority
- Justin Henry, Chief Operating Officer of Panhandle Homes of Berkeley Co., Inc.
- Jamila Jones-Fleet, Owner of Innovative Technology Solutions
- John Lowe, President of Lowe Products
- Amy Panzarella, Owner and President of Amy N. Panzarella, LLC
- Kenny Roberts, Director of Invariant
- Lisa Younis of Younis Orthodontics
The Advisory Board meets regularly with BCT management. In addition, they will represent BCT at business and community functions, serving as BCT’s champions.