Responds to user inquiries, answers questions, handles tier one support issues, resolves hardware and software problems.
Reports To: VP/IT Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to interact well with users and customers and deal effectively with their questions or problems.
- Knows/learns the Bank’s software applications thoroughly.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
- Monitor and respond timely and effectively to requests received to the IT helpdesk.
- Respond to queries submitted in person, phone and email.
- Diagnose and provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Redirect problems/issues to correct resource.
- Inform management of recurring problems.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to user to ease troubleshooting.
- Handle user account setups, transfers, and terminations.
- Support telecom systems including phone, voicemail, fax, etc.
- Maintain a security first posture with all activities.
- Assists with new technology tools implemented across the organization.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Presents a professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
- Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
- Safeguards all account information and proprietary software knowledge.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills. Individual will schedule a minimum of 20 hours per year in continuing education to enhance critical skills. This minimum of continuing education will be part of the employee’s annual goals and shall be reported to the IT Committee on an annual basis and reflected in the minutes of the same.
- Reliability: Assists supervisor with tasks and projects as required and requested.
- Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment. Willingness to work when problems arise.
- Adaptability: Ability to learn technologies and software tools that are implemented to meet the needs of a fast paced and changing landscape.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree in IT, Computer Science or related field or equivalent IT certifications; minimum of one (1) year work related experience desired; experience working in banking industry a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
- Must possess knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
- Experience researching, analyzing and interpreting automated system problems.
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow complex and unique processes and adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple issues in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment; effectively follow processes as well as prioritize and execute tasks.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team as well as show initiative and ability to work independently.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Office 365 tools and software.
- Experience with telephone systems and telephone basics.
- Basic understanding of TCPIP network protocols.
- Understanding of network printing.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Windows Server OS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.