Do you have accounting and financial skills? Do you enjoy working with numbers? BCT is looking for a Financial Accountant I-II that is responsible for providing administrative and financial accounting support. The Financial Accountant I-II position will report to the Financial Accounting Manager and Finance Team.
Reports To: Financial Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
- Knows the bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
Administrative and Financial Functions (as applicable to both bank and holding company)
- Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Board of Directors, Federal Reserve, State of West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and shareholders.
- Determines the amount of daily investment and/or borrowing to maintain appropriate account balances and satisfy other cash management requirements at Federal Reserve and correspondent banks, calculates corresponding interest, and makes appropriate entries for these daily transactions.
- Assists with statistical analysis and other special projects.
- Prepares general ledger entries.
- Prepares monthly accrual entries for various general ledger accounts.
- Prepares other required reports and returns as required.
- Assists in forecast preparation as required.
- Assists with general accounting, financial plans, and policies as required.
- Performs data analysis, forecasting, and reporting for the bank.
- Assures that all accounts are reconciled as needed and that all required financial record keeping and reporting is completed.
- Assures general ledger is in balance, that all entries have been posted including accruals of income and expense, and that corrections are made, as necessary.
- Assists with accounting procedures and processes for the bank including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, investments, fixed assets, asset/liability management reporting.
- Assists in various audits and annual audit.
- Manages and directs the maintenance of the fixed assets accounting using the Sage Software system.
- Other administrative and finance area functions and special projects as assigned.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Presents professional appearance that evokes customer trust.
- Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department coworkers and employees and officers in other departments.
- Self Development: pursues additional education or training to maintain and/or improve current knowledge level and to improve and diversify skills.
- Customer confidentiality: never reveals customer information to anyone outside of the bank.
- Versatility: has ability to multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree in Accounting/Finance/Bus. Adm. and/or at least 3-5 years of accounting/finance/banking experience. Final pay grade will be determined by qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Position requires a person with a pleasant and professional personality who works with a high degree of accuracy, pays attention to detail, has good organizational skills, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
- Works efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
- Understands and carries out oral or written instructions requesting clarification when needed.
- Basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine, typewriter, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as reporting instructions, contracts, policy and procedure manuals, safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and to write legibly.
- Ability to answer telephones and greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to apply common sense in understanding and carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and may frequently have to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds.