ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to BCT’s core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus.
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
- Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
- Identify and cross-sell retail products suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
Call Center Functions
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines whether manager input is needed.
- Assists manager and staff with other administrative duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Effective use of switchboard to make connections and relay calls.
- Supplies information to callers and records messages.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
- Receives visitors, obtains name and nature of business, and provides assistance accordingly.
- Research disputes, errors and customer problems proficiently.
- Assist customers with bankcard issues.
- Ability to operator proof machine to encode checks and over the counter items; assist in capture of balanced work and preparation of outgoing cash letters.
- Balances outgoing returns.
- Creates general ledger tickets as required to reflect fee reversals.
- Balance and process return items.
- Reconcilement of all correspondent bank statements.
- Operation of FedLine for funds transfer, ACH, ACH returns, check returns, large dollar notifications, electronic federal tax payments.
- Performs routine clerical duties as directed.
- Assists with statements and other various duties as needed.
- Assists with mailroom duties.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured.
- Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
- Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Position demands a person with a pleasant personality on the phone and in person with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
- Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine and typewriter.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and teller machine.
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
- Good problem solving skills
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.