Performs administrative tasks to assist loan department with servicing retail, home equity, mortgage, and commercial loans in accordance with established guidelines, compliance requirements, policies and procedures. 18-20 hours per week.
Reports To: Loan Servicing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
- Books Retail loans onto core processing system, ensuring completeness and accuracy that corresponds to the Loan Documentation and the Loan Approval.
- Performs system file maintenance necessary for Consumer loan changes as requested or required.
- Serves as Consumer Promissory Note custodian.
- Verifies incoming retail loan packages are complete with all required booking information, including proper approval when necessary.
- Take steps necessary to perfect various types of loan collateral.
- Assists the Loan Servicing Department with projects.
- Work with Retail loan officers to resolve booking and maintenance issues, and to resolve Retail exceptions items on tickler report.
- Ensure Consumer collateral files are updated appropriately by scanning and/or filing maintenance records.
- Process Consumer loan payoffs and corresponding collateral releases
- Learn other operational duties of department in order to provide backup assistance to the department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Understands role in case of disaster or robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
- Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
- Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
- Ability to relate, get along and work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adhere to BCT’s core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Position demands a person with a pleasant and professional personality, high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, good organization skills, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral or written instructions and to request clarification when need.
- Must have basic skills in operating a computer, calculator, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as loan documents and procedure manuals.
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.