Responsible for the operations-related activities. Develops and oversees implementation of operations policies, new services and strategies. May include data processing, administrative services, proof and transit, and deposit operations. Provides guidance and training to operations personnel.
Reports To: VP/Director of Digital Banking and Payment Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
- Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Monitors, pays or returns NSF Items.
- Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
- Directs activities of workers engaged in implementing banking services.
- Prepares financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulations and Board of Directors.
- Participates with executive management in the allocation of retail sales goals and the achievement of individual sales goals.
- Monitors and reviews deposit operations security procedures.
- Monitors and oversees daily loan operations to include balancing and procedure follow through.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Ensures that all standard operating procedures are being followed according to federal and state regulatory guidelines.
- Contacts customers and business, community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Participates in community activities, in the vicinity of the branch location to enhance public awareness of the bank and to leave a positive impression of the bank.
- Oversee the staff direction to assure effective utilization of personnel.
- Conducts timely and objective performance evaluations.
- Monitors the knowledge and skill levels of personnel to identify development and training needs.
- Meets regularly with staff to communicate objectives and goals, and employee input to improve department performance so that high quality information flows in both directions.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
- Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties may be assigned.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Self Development: pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills.
- Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
- Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree, or equivalent compliance experience, required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This position requires effective supervisory skills and the ability to meet and deal with the public in sales and problem solving situations.
- Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus.
- Must possess a knowledgeable background of the bank’s operational procedures and policies regarding lending and deposit functions.
- Position demands a person with a pleasant personality with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
- Must have basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine and typewriter.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
- Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.