Assists commercial loan officers with all aspects of loan origination. Also assists with the loan renewal process by following established procedures and ensures credit and document files are complete, organized, and have no exceptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems.
- Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
- Identify and cross-sell retail products suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
- Obtains necessary information to process and complete loan files.
- Drafts commercial loan top sheets.
- Prepares commitment letters.
- Prepares and quotes payoffs.
- Ensures loans are renewed on a timely basis by assisting with the renewal process.
- Creates and mails financial request letters.
- Manages the commercial approved appraisers list.
- Acts as a liaison between commercial loan officers and the Credit Department to expedite underwriting.
- Interacts with customers at the request of, or in the absence, of commercial loan officers.
- Engages appraisers at the request of commercial loan officers.
- Assists commercial loan officers with applications, HMDA, and CIP forms.
- Examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Calculates loan payments.
- Ensures credit and document files are complete, organized and have no exceptions.
- Assists and screens customer problems and direct them accordingly.
- Assists the commercial loan officers with examining loan escrow instructions, notes, preliminary title report, title policies, termite reports, deeds of trust, etc.
- Answers customer inquires.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiable and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Understands role in case of disaster or robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
- Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic understanding of underwriting criteria and guidelines.
- General understanding of the loan origination process..
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex oral instructions.
- Ability to relate well to others.
- Demonstrates knowledge in commercial lending practices and loan products.
- Self Development: pursue additional education or training to remain current, improve knowledge, and diversify skills. The capacity to cross train in other areas is particularly helpful.
- Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
- Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have at least 3 years of banking experience with 2 years in a lending environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Position demands a person with a pleasant personality on the phone and in person with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
- Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
- Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine and typewriter.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
- Good problem solving skills
BCT is a 100% smoke-free workplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.