Originate and process mortgage loans through outside business-generating activities; requires a flexible schedule with availability being any day/reasonable time of the week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet established loan production goals.
• Meet established referral goals for other products and services at BCT.
• Perform duties with minimal disclosure errors that would cause a negative impact to BCT.
• Process mortgage application to include; interview loan applicants to elicit information in order to offer the proper product, prepare and provide proper disclosures, obtain all documentation required to clear conditions to close, complete HMDA data and all other compliance requirements, obtain and review credit report and bank references
• Pre-qualify potential mortgage loan applicants.
• Detailed knowledge of portfolio, conventional and government mortgage products.
• Utilize the loan processing software to provide all information required and to process the loan in the most efficient manner possible.
• Utilize the referral software to track internal referrals and provide referrals to other business units.
• Inform applicants whether loan requests have been approved or rejected and prepare a proper adverse action notice if required.
• Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems. Must provide BCT “Monster Service” principals consistently.
• Call on and participate in local realtors, builders associations, civic organizations functions and other businesses to create centers of influence and generate new business.
• Participates with executive management in the allocation of sales goals and the achievement of individual sales goals.
• Ensures that the bank is in compliance with all federal and state mortgage regulatory procedures.
• Participates in community activities to enhance public awareness of the bank and to leave a positive impression of the bank.
• Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiable and confidential records are properly secured each day.
• Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
• Professional appearance that evokes the customer’s trust.
• Adheres to all bank policies and procedures and to internal controls and system access restrictions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Self Development: obtain education and/or training to remain current on all regulatory and compliance guidelines, improve product knowledge, and diversify skills.
• Customer confidentiality: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside of the Bank.
• Versatility: Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year college degree, or equivalent banking industry experience, required.
Four years’ experience in secondary market lending.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Ability to adhere to BCT’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus
• This position requires the ability to meet and deal with the public in sales and problem solving situations.
• Must possess a knowledgeable background of the bank’s operational procedures and policies regarding real estate lending.
• Position demands a person with a pleasant personality with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
• Must have basic skills in operating a computer, adding machine and typewriter.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to answer telephones and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.