Do you enjoy helping people? Are you curious and want to find answers? Is talking on the telephone and working on a computer second nature to you? Then the Customer Care Center Specialist is the career for you. You'll be responsible for servicing customers and prospects by fielding questions, solving problems, and responding to telephonic or electronic channel inquiries. You will handle customer complaints with professionalism and escalate issues to management when necessary. You will utilize a variety of systems when responding to customer requests and offer solutions. You will also provide knowledge of our products and services using the current customer interaction model.
Reports To: Director of Digital Banking
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to BCT’s core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Growth, Customer Commitment, Community Focus.
- Knows the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Looks for opportunities to explain, promote, or sell products or services.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as a model of excellent customer service to other employees.
- Identify and cross-sell retail products suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines the action to be taken to remedy the situation.
- Assists manager and staff with other administrative duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Effective use of multi-line phone system to make connections and relay calls.
- Supplies information to callers and records messages.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail
- Responsible for researching and resolving customer inquiries Via Live Web Chat, email and or telephone.
- Provide customer support for electronic banking products and services, including Online Banking, Bill Payment, Mobile Banking, Messenger, Online Account Opening, and both Debit and Credit card inquiries.
- Resolve customer inquiries and issues promptly regarding new accounts, existing accounts, loans, payments, automatic transfers, interest rates and investment certificates in a professional manner.
- Cross-sell Bank services and supports all functions within the Contact Center.
- Complete and maintain related account maintenance.
- Complete research and resolve documentation errors or discrepancies.
- Provides information to customers on Bank policies, procedures, and programs.
- Adhere to Contact Center performance metrics to ensure service levels and customer expectations are consistently achieved.
- Maintain and project the Banks professional reputation through professional and courteous interactions with customers.
- Complete ongoing internal education opportunities to sustain broad base of product, service and technical knowledge.
- Individually participates in identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and mitigating departmental and enterprise-wide risks.
- Maintains awareness of and adheres to Bank’s compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies, and procedures and applies them to daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of bank policies, procedures and resources.
- Complete account opening functions, mobile banking troubleshooting and debit card inquires independently.
- Serve as a mentor to Contact Center representatives and specialists.
- Provide assistance with escalated customer inquiries.
- Assist supervisor with department communications, training materials, and department improvement plans and report analysis.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain information regarding product and system knowledge.
- Technical proficiency in software navigation.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask questions to understand customer concerns and overcome objections.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication ability.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent communicator with customers, colleagues and managers.
- Speed and Accuracy.
- Creative problem solver and able to make decisions.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues.
- Able to remain calm and patient under all circumstances
- Job requires a high school diploma or equivalent with adequate proficiency in language, math and reasoning skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications.
- One-year experience in a retail banking, call center or electronic services (ACH) field with equal responsibilities is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
BCT is a 100% smoke-free company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.